Wild Card

Apple Products Through the Years

    Apple Computer, Inc. was created on April 1, 1976, in Los Altos, California. As we all should know, Apple is one of the most successful companies in the market for technology these days. Apple was created by two college dropouts, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Tim Cook is now the CEO of Apple and serves on the board of directors. Now let's take a walk down memory lane.



    Introducing Apple I, also known as the very first Apple product in 1976. The Apple I was probably as basic as it could get but also very advanced at the time. All I can say is if you handed me this thing today, I am not confident that I would know how to operate it. Apple I was sold for $666.66 mainly because he said that he liked the repetition of the numbers and because this was one-third markup from the wholesale price of $500.00. Today you could buy one of these computers for between $300,000 and $700,000.
    
    Next up we have the Apple II which was released in 1977. Apple II was a big step up from Apple I. This computer could display colors on the screen and is still considered one of the most famous computers. This computer sold for $1,298 but today would go for anywhere around $900,000. This computer was so popular because it is what put the Apple name on top for this time. 

    Fast forwarding to a lot of years later you are now looking at the newest Mac Air M2. This product will not be released until July 2022. Some of the newest features added to this laptop are an 8-Core PCU, 10-Core GPU, 8GB of unified memory, and 512GB of storage. This laptop will run $1,199. Of course, inflation and prices have changed over the years but looking at the numbers now compared to when the first computer came out they are very comparable. 
    The first iPhone was released in 2007. iPhone 1 cost $566 and offered features like a 2-megapixel camera, 4 GB, and 8 GB storage options, internet capabilities, iTunes, only a 2 GB network, no app store, and only AT&T users could use this iPhone. These phones still work today if you can come across the old charger made for them. Today this phone is selling for between $50,000-$65,000.

    Does this phone look a little different? Well, it should considering we are iPhone 14 Pro Max. This is the most recent iPhone on the market. This phone cost $1,199 but with all of the different plans that the phone services provide these days, you can pay out your phone bill by month until you have it paid off. The iPhone 14 Pro Max is water-resistant up to six feet for thirty minutes, A16 Bionic chip, a 6-core with 2 performance and 4 efficiency scores, a 5-core GPU, a 16-core neutral engine, and a 12-megapixel camera.

    Since the start of Apple back in 1977, the company has been very creative with its products and technology advancement. As of right now Apple currently has around one-hundred products available. Some of these items include MacBooks, iPhones, AirPods, Apple Watch, and Air Tags, along with all sorts of accessories. A lot of the products have different series as well that are different sizes to fit customers' liking. Through the years, Apple has produced and sold over two-hundred products. Just when you think Apple can't get any more popular, in 2022 the company experienced a rapid growth in sales. 


1. Macintosh (Mac) (1984)
2. Apple II (1977)
3. Powerbook G4 12-inch (2003)
4. iBook (1999)
5. iMac (1998)
6. iPod (2001)
7. iTunes (2001)
8. macOS X (2001)
9. iPhone (2007)
10. MacBook Air (2008)
11. iPad (2010)


1. Apple offers rewards of up to $1 million to hackers who find and report iPhone and Mac vulnerabilities.

2. There have been 5,463 published vulnerabilities for Apple products since the company was founded.

3. There were 360 published IOS vulnerabilities in 2021.

4. Apple is suing NSO Group, the organization behind Pegasus spyware.

5. Apple contributed $10 million to support cyber surveillance advocates and researchers in 2021.

6. 37% of Apple users surveyed were extremely concerned about their data being tracked online.

    As bad as it sounds to say, it is almost like a stereotype to have Apple products. There is usually a big debate between Apple, Android, and Samsung but in my eyes, Apple is the way to go. I still remember the time I saw an iPhone for the very first time and it was the iPhone 3. I just remember being so mesmerized by the fact that it was a touch screen and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. My very first phone was an iPhone 5C and I have had an iPhone ever since. I have been hard on my phones throughout the years and shattered a few. If I could change one thing about the phones is that they didn't break as easily but I do think that is a feature that has been added to the new iPhone 14. I currently have the iPhone 13 I have had for about a year now. I also have the Apple Watch series 3 and they are now on the series 8. I have had this watch for five years now it still works perfectly. The last Apple product I own is the AirPods that I use almost every day. Overall, I have always thought very highly of Apple products. Everyone I know at least has one Apple product and there are never complaints. Who knew that a couple of college dropouts could start a company that would be so successful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cybersecurity